Friday, January 07, 2011

bringing in the new year


January 3, 2011
How does a Filipino celebrate the New Year? I have no idea, but I can only assume it involves 13 hour street parties that don’t stop until 4 a.m. with music they can hear in Australia, triple the firecracker power from Christmas, and just adding to the misery of the poor sick Americans that may be about. Or maybe not. I’m not sure.
I do know, that I had really great plans and they fizzled. I got sick something fierce. So instead of going to Donsol to see K, L, and MD and ring in a brand new year I laid in bed for 5 days. Maybe next year.
I went to school today and my teacher and principal sent me home, so now I’m back in bed, and now adding cabin fever to my symptoms. It’s all up hill from here right?
Happy New Years All!

No comments:

Post a Comment