Thursday, February 03, 2011

same old song and dance


February 1, 2011
This is not a complaint, but life is kind of boring. The biggest headline I have is: I finally bit the bullet and took my laundry to a drop off service. I’m hooked, best decision ever.  Now we are price looking, too bad I can’t do that locally. I realize I can hire a lady here in town, but there is just something about the way clothes fit out of a drier that I’ll pay for. Does that make me a bad volunteer?
Really other than that all I can say is it is still raining. I’m not joking. Things at school are good. This week is a bit of an off week for me. The student teachers I’ve been working with are now doing their solo teaching. I’ve really enjoyed working with them, and it really made my idea when Sir asked if he could use some of my ideas when he is a teacher. We are just starting the 4th contact of the year (quarter), and I’ll be out of school before April.  All of my projects at school are still very much in the ideas on paper stage, but I’m thinking the first steps are being laid for my library. If only I could talk to my supervisor once in a while.
I’m starting to feel a real sense of community here in Alang Alang and with in my Peace Corps group here. Last weekend some of the volunteers from the farther corners of this region came to town. So that was fun, we even made real tacos. And that was my excitement for the past little while.
I like that my life has a routine, but I’m also plenty busy still sorting through this gig here. I’m glad for the boring, it is a nice break from those months of emotional chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment