Saturday, January 21, 2012

things that go bump in the night


January 18, 2012
Because of the prime location for my house it kind of sways and shakes all the time, especially at night. I’m just off the high way and if a big enough vehicle goes by fast enough the house has a slight rattle. Annoying, but nothing completely major.
Well the other night I was between awake and asleep and the house rattled. I sat up awake enough to groggily think that my bed was swaying and it normally doesn’t do that. Then I lay back down asleep enough to not register that maybe there was a reason my bed was shaking when it normally doesn’t.
I snoozed on through the night and forgot about the incident until I got a text from C asking if I felt the earth quake. LIGHT BULB! It was an earthquake. Growing up where I did I’ve survived millions of earthquakes, but this is the first one I’ve ever felt. It was on the island east of us. At the epicenter it was magnitude 5.7 and I’m guessing maybe just above a 3 here.
Now I’ve had typhoons, tsunami warnings, and an earthquake in service.

No comments:

Post a Comment