Wednesday, January 04, 2012

we'll take a cup of kindness yet...

The past couple of weeks have been crazy and amazing! I took pictures, but they are still on my camera and my computer is at home. I'm sitting in Manila in the Peace Corps office recovering from a tooth extraction I had on Tuesday. That was fine, I didn't care for the dentist and the way the whole thing was handled made it extra stressful, so all you need to know is on Monday I had the tooth, today I don't.
Before Tuesday:
I went back to the mountains! This trip and the trip I took in April were probably my favorite parts of last year. I went up Wednesday with a bunch of other volunteers from my island/area. On Thursday we were suppose go to a place that has mummies but due to a whole list of reasons that didn't work out, which turned out to be best because it was a lot farther away than we thought. On Friday we went up to Sagada and relaxation began. As well as the walking up and down hills to get any where.
For Christmas Eve we splurged and made reservations at this super nice French cook restaurant for their holiday buffet. So completely amazing! Christmas we ate, we read, we had many cups of tea, we played cards. We relaxed. The rest of the week we hiked, we ate, we had many cups of tea, we read, we played cards, we relaxed.
Then Thursday morning we woke up early got on a bus and went back to Baguio. Spent the day in Baguio and took a night bus to Manila, where we ate and read and played cards and avoided losing limbs to fire crackers in the streets. For New Years Eve we went to Rizal park and celebrated with a bunch of families. Filipinos love to celebrate and it is nice for it to be so family oriented! Great way to start my last 11 (or so) months in country.

No comments:

Post a Comment