Monday, December 19, 2011

so full of Christmas spirit


December 19, 2011
You know when you eat too much and than you just feel like your going to be sick, but not really be sick? Where you are mostly percent sure you just feel sick and aren’t actually going to be sick, but that is that little percent that keeps you on edge? Well that is me. Still. I’ve basically been nauseous since Thursday night. I’m not sure what is up, but this is the wrong time of year to feel to the brink full.
After all, it is Christmas party time.
Just like last year we had a Christmas program. And it was just like last year. Kindergarten said their poem. First grade danced to ‘All I want for Christmas is You’. Second to ‘Jingle Bell Rock’. Each grade did the same things. It is just as cute to see new kids doing it, so I’m not complaining.
This year when it came time to have class parties my principal ushered me into the conference hall and told me to wait at a table with nine chairs. Not sure what was up, I listened and sat. Than she came back and some other staff, and one by one all these teachers brought us plates of food from their class parties. There was amazing lechon. Delicious adobo. Fried chicken. Lots and lots of rice. Boiled bananas. Puto. Pansit. So much food and they just stand there watching. So I spent the afternoon convincing my stomach I wasn’t actually going to be sick, it was just a feeling.
Than on to my classroom where there was another plate of food waiting for me. Tonight on to a party where there was more food.
Too much food, too little stomach.


No comments:

Post a Comment