Monday, December 05, 2011

out of country teaching experience

Today is very weird. Sometimes you show up to school and no one is there. The SPED teachers are at an intensive training, but my counterpart opted not to go, and not to cancel class.
Thursday is our English month district culmination. We are a bit late to celebrate. November is English month and for the second year in a row (whoa, that is a weird thought) I'm surprised at how little English is taught during English Month. We are having class so she can sit in the canteen and review for Thursday with the students who will be competing.
So, here I sit in the classroom with the rest of the students. There are no students outside. I have only 20 students in the class. No one is sharing desks. I told them to get partners and write a story. They are working hard and not shouting. The only talking is working talk.
If I didn't know any better, and if we weren't working through a brown out, I'd think I was teaching in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment