Sunday, September 19, 2010

strong to the finish...

September 19, 2010

I finally did some laundry. A couple weekends ago we had made plans to do it on Saturday, but it never happened. So the plan was to do it Sunday early before going to the beach. We went to the beach later than was planned and didn’t do any laundry at all. Then on Monday when I woke up all my laundry had been done.
Almost the same thing happened this weekend. We had plans to do it yesterday, but again it didn’t happen. At dinner they said we’d do it this morning. At breakfast this plan was confirmed. Then the waiting started, and finally the laundry is done at 4:00 in the afternoon.
This could be a long long two years. Hand washing will be my only option once I get to site other than paying someone else to hand wash them for me. Either way the clothes will get scrubbed and rubbed and rung and hung. Which as you can imagine can be hard on the clothes, but also hard on the scrubber, rubber, ringer, hanger. I’m going to get some killer fore arms in two years. Not something I ever tried to work on at the gym, but maybe Popeye will be a good luck on me and make me look less like Olive.

No comments:

Post a Comment