Thursday, July 28, 2011

racing around bohol

July 27, 2011
I’m going to have to go back to Bohol. My trip was amazing, but I didn’t get to do any of those things that you do when you go to Bohol. I was too busy doing other amazing things.
I met L at the airport on Thursday and we flew on over to Cebu, checked into the pension, went to the mall and had dinner at this amazing Thai restaurant. I love Thai food! Friday morning we woke up, wandered and got on a slow ferry to Bohol, then took a trike to Panglao, an island that is a tourist destination and known for amazing diving. The timing was off with the other group so L and I went and found another Thai restaurant to eat at. Then we met up with the rest just in time to go eat Italian.
Saturday I woke up early and went on a run with L and C (it may or may not have been my first run this month). Then the rest of the day was eating and doing nothing. It was super windy and rain threatened all day long.
Sunday morning we woke up all early to go to our trail race. The race was to help get bathrooms at this high school on a little island in the area. It was something else. Straight up the first part on slick coral lined paths. Intense. It was one of those two-step forwards one-step back wards endeavors, but at the top it turned awesome. Other than the fact that my shoes are bald and flat I really got to loving my run. Just the motivation I needed to finish strong. The race rocked all of us, but I had so much fun.

After we slept the day away and then ate at this amazing bee farm. I had a real salad. I had all I can eat real salad. The whole meal was amazing all you can eat food: squash bread with spreads, a type of chips with a caprese dip, sea food soup, native red rice, sea food lasagna, marlin, sesame chicken, fall off the bone ribs, lemon grass tea. All so amazing but really just ate and ate the salad and bread, and finished with some tasty ice cream. Well worth the splurge.
Monday L and I took the SuperCat back to Cebu and went to Harry Potter for her birthday. I treated her to amazing gelato then we went on a hard-core search for shoes. Both of us decided that race was the last miles our shoes could do. Then we had one more dinner at yet another Thai restaurant.
Tuesday we wandered around the same mall before going to the airport and heading on back to site.
It was a great weekend, but not the way you are suppose to do Bohol. Next time I’ll do the Chocolate Hills and tarsiers and maybe the sun will even shine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment