Sunday, July 31, 2011

bathroom news, which means a random post

July 31, 2011
If I was the kind of person who relished in TMI and was a fiber freak (reader, you know who you are) I could probably do a bathroom post everyday. Luckily for you, I'm not so you just get them now and again. I've now got running water in the bathroom. Note: running water and shower are not the same thing. I'm not sure what sparked the change, but the electric pump is set up (Get it? Spark, electric?) So, if I have power, I can turn on the faucet, to fill the bucket, to flush the toilet. We've got running water in the kitchen also. This completely revolutionizes brushing my teeth and washing my face (yes, I do these both in the kitchen, bathroom doesn't have a sink) Moving on up people!
We've had typhoons moving on up through the Philippines, which for me means rain all night. Which means it waits to get super hot. Which means I don't have to wake up so early to run (on the weekends that is, when I don't have places and times to be). Which means when I get back from the run people are up and about. Which means kids our out playing games with their tsinellas. Which means I run the risk of getting hit with foot wear. Read: Which means I got hit with a flying flip flop. Which means I got the cutest apology ever. No complaints.
A quick complaint. On my phone I don't have a plan. I buy a load card and then just spend away until i need more load. It costs me a peso to send a text, but luckily they have promos. For 60 pesos I can buy unlimited texts for five days. Which is a great deal and let's me text with reckless abandon. However the system to sign up for promos never works. I shouldn't have to pay for texts when they wont let me sign up for promos. You're wasting my load Smart!
And now for something completely random. My Auntie has a niece from Las Vegas coming for lunch. She doesn't know when, just that she will come. Could be today, could be next friday. Would that drive any one else nuts? Or is that just a me thing? We've got a super clean house because of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment