Friday, August 05, 2011

who loves polyester?


August 3, 2011
Somewhere along the way Filipinos got the idea that uniforms were cool or something. Uniforms are everywhere. At the pizza place in the mall they are all the exact same from head to toe, including their kicks. At mayor’s office and all those other local government places they have uniforms. Each day of the week is a different color. Everywhere. I’ve mentioned before that students wear uniforms. But did I mention all students? As in college students also. As in every college student, including nontraditional students.
This is the reason why I am rocking 3, well 2 for now, new polyester outfits. My school has bought me uniform sets for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. They are one hundred percent polyester and plenty hot and plenty itchy. A tailor that had to add extra measurement columns for my body measured me, and then she sewed them up. Right now I’ve got Monday, which is navy blue pants and a yellow blouse, as well as Wednesday, which is gray pants and a bluish white top. I’m still waiting on my Tuesday uniform.
They do look sharp, but if I had had to buy them myself I would have thought long and hard about it. I am glad that now I look like one of them, but polyester! What were they thinking? I’m debating whether I need to get them touched up by the tailor but think I’ll wait until they get washed. It will save some wear and tear on my clothes I brought from home.
Right now the verdict is still out on uniforms. I promise pictures at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment