Sunday, April 22, 2012

bangkok or bust

I'm finally in Thailand via a lot of waiting. I was sitting at the mall when a teacher from one of the school in Alangalang told me to take my time because the flights were delayed. I had no idea how delayed!
My 1:40 flight didn't leave until 3:40, but I was lucky. We took off right behind the 11:55 flight. It of course made me anxious for no reason. It was standing room only, and people for the 4:05 flight were waiting also (the planes just go back and forth, so their plane was the 11:55 flight). Luckily I knew someone there who let me sit with them. She was a teacher at the high school and ha worked with my site mate. She was there along with most of Alangalang. The Lingganay Dancers are performing at nationals on Saturday.
I got to Manila about 4:45 and then had to wait some more. This time I was all alone. I had some pizza. I wet through security. I had some noodles. I found a convenience store and had snacks an watched a movie with the staff. I took the rest of my snacks to the gate. I was told the plane was delayed. I watched some basketball. I was told to move to another gate (they moved lots of flights). Then I got on the plane and waited.
And here I am! I went through customs, and security and or my bags and went looking for my friend. She lived with my family about 12 years ago and I've not seen her since. We found each other ok and met her sister. We are staying at their house in Bangkok.
I'm here!

No comments:

Post a Comment