Sunday, April 22, 2012

chang chang chang

One of the only things that I felt I HAD to do in Thailand was see elephants. From a very young age I've loved them. Now I'm just straight up obsessed.
We woke up and went to the old capital. I got to see the ruins from atop an elephant. I'm fancy. J was afraid so I went alone. I loved it. Later I fed them. What a cool experience.
Riding elephants is tough work so we went to eat. We had huge river prawns (like the size of my hands, they were not impressed because it use to be you could get bigger) that were grilled, some fish, rice, and  of course spicy soup. Just enough this time.
Then we went around looking and finally finding an arts a d crafts center. I was able to watch the women who weave the queen's silk. Beautiful works.
Then we returned back and went to a Japanese curry place for dinner.
Favorite part: the elephant (Chang in Thai) of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment