Wednesday, September 21, 2011

endulgence

There are certain things I took for advantage at home that are total splurges is. I've decided to start high lighting them, hopefully this will make you all super appreciative of what you have.
First would be peanut butter. To be fair, they have peanut butter here but it has more sugar than peanuts. So sometimes I go big and buy American. Another splurge that i really enjoy is apples. They aren't really that rare, but they are imported and do cost more come market day.
Another thing I splurged on is Olive Oil. Usually I will use coconut or corn oil, but sometimes when I'm having pasta I like to get fancy.

Aglio olio con string beans (I don't know the Italian for string bean, but I eat them so much they deserve their own post). Win.
Also, I went fancy and bought cinnamon, and I'm sure a vanilla purchase is not too far in my future. Like the olive oil these aren't really buy and eat, but buy and get lots of uses purchases. I bought the cinnamon to make french toast and cinnamon sugar.

French toast I made with a homemade mango cinnamon syrup. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment