Wednesday, September 21, 2011

waray power or no power, but no as in none, zilch, nada, zero, without, absence of...

Lately brown outs have been plaguing my life. They are a super pain of varying degrees on time of day. Sometimes they start in the middle of the night, and I usually get woken up (if the roosters haven't yet) by my fan turning off. These are the least annoying unless they last well into the morning.
Then there are the most annoying, the kinds that happen in the evenings when the sun is going down but it is still kind of light out. At this time it is really hard to see, but flashlights don't really offer much relief.
Next annoying is when it is the evenings and dark outside. Especially if I have not made dinner yet. Here is when flashlights come in super handy.
My brown out arsenal. Don't you wish your cell had a flashlight?

Then there are those that happen in the middle of the day, when it is so hot and as soon as that fan stops spinning you are positive you are going to die. An audible sigh can be heard for kms around, and an even louder huzah when it comes back on. I'm teaching kids just starting puberty and the classroom can be a smelly stinky place with no power. No fun for anyone, but not so annoying, unless it is over cast and then it is impossible to see the chalk boards in the classroom.
As soon as the power goes I get myself some orange soda in a bag ASAP


No comments:

Post a Comment